At Last! Now everyone can benefit from having the world’s bestloved live sound mic preamps at the top of their signal path.
The new MIDAS XL48 Mic Pre packs eight MIDAS XL4 mic pres into a 1U box, complete with swept high and low pass filters, eight MIDAS XL8 A-D converters and a super-low-jitter 1ppm clock.
Additional features include 8-segment LED input meters, individual phantom power, polarity invert, and -20 dB pad. All inputs on Neutrik XLR and 25-way D-sub.
The XL48 also features both analogue and digital outputs in ADAT and AES/EBU format.
All five outputs can be used simultaneously, making the XL48 a multi-function analogue/digital mic splitter as well as adding the MIDAS touch to 8 channels of your mix.
Multiple clocking options are available, including external wordclock, internal 96 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 48 kHz, 44.1 kHz.
Applications include portable recording rigs, analogue and/or digital splits between consoles, or pimping up an ordinary digital console with MIDAS mic pres and a reference-grade clock.
- 8 mic/line inputs featuring classic MIDAS XL4 mic pre amps
- Classic analogue MIDAS XL4 swept low and high pass filters
- Individual 48 V phantom power switching per channel
- Individual -20 dB pad switching per channel
- High accuracy 8 segment LED meter per channel
- MIDAS XL8 ultra low latency 96 kHz 24-bit A-D converters
- Supports operation at 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz and 96 kHz sampling frequencies
- Ultra low jitter reference-grade 1 part-per-million (1 ppm) temperature-compensated clock oscillator with external Word clock syncing options
- Parallel fully balanced XLR and 25W D-Sub input connections
- Driven and buffered fully balanced 25W D-Sub output connections
- Dual AES3 25W D-Sub output connector
- Dual TOSLINK optical output connectors
Weight and Dimensions
Width 483.0 mm (19.0”) x Depth 325 mm (12.8”) Weight: 5.5 Kg Shipping: 6.5Kg